- Internal dosimetry as a tool for radiation protection of the patient in nuclear medicine, Biomedical Imaging and Intervention Journal
- Radiation Interactions and Internal Dosimetry in Nuclear Medicine, RadioGraphics, Journal of Continuing Medical Education in Radiology
- MIRD Pamphlet No. 21: A Generalized Schema for Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry - Standardization of Nomenclature, Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM), Medical Internal Radiation Dose (MIRD) Committee
- MIRD Publications Available Online, Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM), Medical Internal Radiation Dose (MIRD) Committee
- Internal dosimetry: developments and limitations, European Journal of Nuclear Medicine (Eur J Nucl Med (1996) 23:491-493)
- Breast Milk Excretion of Radiopharmaceuticals: Mechanisms, Findings, and Radiation Dosimetry, Journal of Nuclear Medicine (J NuciMed2000;41:863-873)
- MIRD Primer for Absorbed Dose Calculations (Revised Edition), SNM Books - fee
- The Internal Dose Assessment System, RAdiation Dose Assessment Resource (RADAR)
Internal Dose Assessment
Estimates of organ absorbed doses are the primary basis of any form of risk assessment for diagnostic nuclear medicine procedures, and are usually required by radiopharmaceutical licensing authorities.
In the 'Related Links' section you will find links to many important related articles.